Saturday Nite...

Saturday nights are normally reserved for going out to dinner, the main reason it's actually my Friday and I'm toast from working all week.  I decided to keep this food adventure blog real, meaning you'll see my good and healthy dinner, our dining out dinners and my...well...my when Andrew is out of town dinners...and last night was one of those...Andrew is out of town dinners. 

Let me back up, yesterday I was able to go out to lunch (which never, and I mean never, happens on a Saturday) with some good friends.  We high-tailed it down Main Street to the Black Bear Bistro, the BB is our "go-to" place for lunch or a quick dinner, we know Chef Todd and his wife Liz and most of the staff, and Jeremy makes a mean cosmo (more on that later). Yesterday was a late lunch of a...
Muffalatta
Classic New Orleans style sandwich made with ham, salami, provolone, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and olive tapenade – $8.95   served with your choice of sides
(I chose fries)
As you can see from the description of the sandwich that it was gonna be very filling and I would actually be eating my daily calorie consumption.   So when I got home last night, after feeding the girls, working in the yard, playing in my studio I decided to have a light snack for dinner...

One glass of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin, just one, some Food Should Taste Good Lime Chips and a wedge of Laughing Cow Lt. Cheese.  Let me just say if you've never had the Food Should Taste Good Lime Chips run, do not walk, run to the grocery store and pick some up...they are TO DIE FOR!  The perfect amount of salt, a hint of line, seriously they go perfect with Andrews perfect Margarita Martini that he makes for me, okay back to the food...great, now I want some of those chips.   Okay back to last nights dinner.  The wine is a great hardy Old Vine Zin, more on wine tastings later, the chips, well I just told you to run out and get some, and the little wedge of cheese, who doesn't love them, was the perfect light dinner and the best part it was quick and easy..

so until next time...
Forks Up...
KA

Comments

Popular Posts