Monday Pizza

I love making homemade pizza...well let me say I love playing with toppings on some type of store bought crust.  I've tried all the traditional crust, while some are okay and in a pinch would use them again most are too doughy and chewy.  I started using Naan last year and have never turned back, one is the perfect size for one person to eat.  While I like good red sauce I tend not to put red sauce on my naan pizzas instead I forgo the sauce and just layer goodies along with some fontina cheese...that's the other thing, I don't use traditional pizza cheese, I use fontina.  Last night I made my own pesto and it was delish...just add fresh basil, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, salt and just a touch of vinegar and pulse on in your food processor.  I topped with chopped cherry tomatoes and fontina, baked at 375 for 15 minutes...
here is the before, I thinly slice the cheese, no need to grate it....
and...
after...these cheese gets all bubbly, the crust browns up and you get that little crunch on the outside..
so you tel me...wouldn't you make this for dinner???


until next time...
Forks Up...
KA

Comments

Popular Posts