Sour Cream Pound Cake

As often happens with most blogs time gets away from us, and then this Facebook thing took over our lives and don't even get me started on Pinterest, the land of recipes and pretty things, I'm pretty sure I went to Pinterest in 2016 and just came up for air. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm back...so let's get this party started.

The Sour Cream Pound Cake I made yesterday is normally my go-to Christmas cake. In years past I've made as many as 18 cakes for Christmas, it's something I enjoy doing, and people get excited when they get one, so that makes me happy.

This recipe came from my from Robbie, and it was passed down from her mother and passed down to her...so this recipe is really old. Robbie is no longer with us, but each time I make the cake, I think of her.
Robbie
So you came for a recipe and here goes.

to download the recipe click here

A few tips...blending the butter and sugar is key in getting the cake to have that good dense pound cake texture, I use a stand mixer and will start that process as I pull the rest of the ingredients together. If you can use farm fresh eggs, DO IT, your cake will turn out a beautiful golden yellow from the yolks. I use Penzey's Spices, a little container of MACE will last you forever but well worth it. Let's talk vanilla, do not use inexpensive vanilla extract, it will cost you more but to have good vanilla is key with this cake, again I use Penzey's Double Strength Vanilla. When I flip it out of the pan, I will flip it back "right-side" up. I will often take my knife when pouring the batter in to have a little channel in the middle of the cake when it's baked, this is what I call heaven with this cake because it will be extra moist in this channel and be o'so yummy.

I hope you enjoy making and eating this cake as much as I do...

Until Next Time
Forks Up

KA






Comments

Popular Posts