Fritos ... not just for lunch

I had a hankering for chili ... yes I know it's 98 degrees with 95% humidity but I could just about taste the spiciness of the jalapeno peppers and ancho chili powder. 



So here is a quick summer time chili recipe to be served over big scoop Fritos.

1 pound ground beef of your choice (I wanna try this with bison)
4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chunked
1 large can tomato sauce
1/2 onion diced
1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced - seeds and all
Ancho chili powder to taste 
Ground Cumin to taste
Salt to taste
dash of sugar

Let's talk about the "salt to taste" ... I saute the onions and pepper together and sprinkle with salt, this helps sweat the onions. I add the ground beef and sprinkle with salt, not much just a pinch here and there. I'm not shy to use salt but I also think that if you use good fresh ingredients you don't need a lot of it.

After I brown the ground beef I add in chunked tomatoes and the sauce, toss in spices to taste, depending on the amount of heat your tongue can take. I let the chili simmer for about an hour and it got nice and thick.

Notice no beans ... this is a no beans chili ... why ... cause I don't want beans on my Fritos.

Place big scoop Fritos in bowl, spoon chili on top, then add anything else you think your dish needs ... you can add sour cream, cheese, picked jalapenos or even more hot sauce. 

Grab a cold beer and sit back and enjoy

Until Next Time
Forks Up

KA  

Comments

Popular Posts