White Bean Pizza

So I made white bean pizza the other night for dinner, and while I didn't take pictures I've had lots of people ask how I made a white bean pizza.  So here goes..and when I say easy peasy I really really mean it.

2 Naan Bread
1 can Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, smash with kosher salt
1/4 small sweet onion**
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Fontina Cheese *I use solid and slice myself, about three slices per Naan
Honey


Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Saute' onion in a teaspoon of olive oil, make sure to salt the onion to sweat it out.  Add garlic, saute' for a minute, any longer and you may burn the garlic which will make it bitter.  Add beans and pepper flakes, stir till beans are warm, then with a fork smash the beans to a paste leaving some chunks of beans. Evenly spread out been mixture between the two Naans, place three slices of cheese per bread, if using pre-shredded add enough to cover but not too much.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles, pull out of oven then drizzle a touch of honey on top, just a touch, you don't want it too sweet.
**note on the onion, I only use sweet onions when I cook because neither of us likes a strong onion flavor, so I'll aways purchase sweet onions when shopping, if you like more of an onion flavor you can use a regular yellow onion**

I served this pizza with a spinach salad with blue cheese and pears with a balsamic vinegar dressing, we ended up only eating half the pizza so we had leftovers tonight and it was just as tasty as the first night.

Hope you enjoy my veggie pizza because you'll be seeing more in the future, I just can't get enough of these funky toppings to my pies.

Until Next Time...
Forks Up..
KA

Comments

  1. Wow, beans on pizza? That's impressive. My awesomer-half and I are addicted to those big butter beans. I think they are really similar to the Cannellini. We make soup every week and always include them. We will have to try the Cannellinis now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts